Just about everybody has stress these days and chronic stress is an epidemic! Studies have shown that chronic stress is associated with a variety of health conditions, including heart disease, diabetes, anxiety, and even brain aging concerns.
Stress is also closely associated with hormone imbalance and weight gain.
Whether stress comes from outside sources or internal banter, all stressors place stress on the body and mind and is something that should be a top priority when it comes to wellness management.
A few ways to help with stress are:
- Spend time in nature. Nature is a great way to de-stress naturally. Let the earth soak up some of your stressful vibes and clear the way for more peace of mind and stillness.
- Breathe. Just breathe. Take time to slow down your breathing and connect with your breath. Just the act of doing this, helps to interrupt stress patterns.
- Listen to calming music. Gentle piano music is a great example of a calming type of music that can help to shift your stressful sensations to more a more peaceful flow or feeling within the body and mind. For example click here:
- Take time to be still throughout the day. Just stop for a moment. Even if this means you have a potty break at your workplace and take a minute or two, to consciously sit there and connect with your breathe. Many of us are creatures of go-go-go and we forget to just ‘stop’ now and then.
- Make your desires a priority. One of the ways we experience stress is by not living in a way that matches our life’s purpose or passions. Make sure you both acknowledge and honor the desires of your soul. The more you do this, the more you will find peace and the more your life will flow with balance and grace.
There are many more ways to work on balancing the stress in your life, but these are just a few that I hope you find helpful.
Maggie Holbik.com is a Board Certified Nutritionist and Certified Life Coach who works with clients all over the world to help them unleash their desires and live with intention and passion.
Keep calm and sing a song…………..