“Compassion for myself is the most powerful healer of them all.” – Theodore Isaac Rubin
3 Go-To’s To Deal With Anxiety
We all deal at some point, with anxiety. Anxiety is a form of fear expressing itself and is not pleasant.
Here are 3 ways to help with anxiety when it arises:
- Have compassion for yourself. Talk to yourself like you are talking to the 5 year old version of yourself. Tell yourself that you are safe, that things are okay and that they will get better. Tell yourself that you understand that you are afraid or fearful or whatever emotion is your prominent one underneath the anxiety, and that it is all okay. Remind yourself that things will get better.
- Breathe out more than you breathe in. I have recently discovered this one and it is quite powerful. Just start breathing out more through your mouth and watch the tension leave your body. It is like a pattern disrupter.
- Rest when you need to. So often when we are in anxiety we push through and keep going. Sometimes a ‘time-out’ is the best thing for us. Even if it is sitting on the toilet for 5 minutes and focusing on breathing out more than in. This is another form of pattern interrupting. Walks are great, naps are great, reading a positive self-help book and anything that just gets you off of the anxiety train even if it is for a brief moment.
And of course, if you are struggling with severe anxiety, you might want to reach out and ask for help. There is always help available and asking for help is a sign of strength not weakness, so never be afraid to ask for help.
I hope you found these tips useful and have an amazing day!
- May help to minimize certain stress related issues (weight gain, difficulty sleeping, etc.)
- Helps to reduce stress placed on the adrenals to perform, thereby helping to decrease the possibility of adrenal fatigue
- May help to support normal hypothalamic-pituitary adrenal (HPA) functions
- May help support stress-related adrenal functions
- Helps to promote healthy levels of cortisol
- Helps maintain healthy levels of both serotonin and dopamine
- Helps enhance and stabilize mood
- Helps to stabilize emotional responses to stress
- May help to maintain normal thyroid function
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product(s) is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.